Thames Water Build over Agreement Forms

Gepostet von am Mrz 5, 2022 in Allgemein | Keine Kommentare

We recommend that you route piping around any proposed building or extension. If you can`t, run all the pipes and fittings under the building so that they are accessible for repair. If any of the plants are outside your borders, please read the artwork near our pipes. Wells cannot be rebuilt due to the increased risk of flooding and odour problems caused by internal wells. Whenever possible, trees should be removed and passed. If it is not possible to construct a well outside a building, we can discuss alternatives when we receive your application. If you have requested a full build-over contract, we will contact you within 21 days of your request. We will discuss your proposal with you, including any details that may need to be changed. If you`re considering creating an extension, it`s important to consider the possibility of needing a build-over agreement. To do this, you need to get a CCTV survey if you don`t already have one.

This will show you where the pipes are flowing inside the property and will show you if you have a common drainage stroke and therefore need to apply for a construction agreement. There are three documents you need to submit an application: a site plan, drainage plans, and a section detailing the proposed work that is located near a shared pipe. It is easy to apply via the Thames Water website, here you will find the link to apply. You must apply for an approved agreement if: Download our brochure to learn more about building over a sewer. On some detached plots, it is possible to build an extension without the need for this agreement, as your extension can be more than 3 meters from the sewer pipe. On most semi-detached houses and properties with terraces, you need to apply. Of course, if you are planning a rear extension and all the drainage is at the front of the house, you can of course avoid this, even loft conversions do not require application. We saw one case where the owner assumed that the contractor had taken care of the construction of Thames Water, while the contractor assumed that the owner had done so. This confusion resulted in a 4-week delay in the work while the relevant site surveys were being carried out, plans were being developed and the Thames Water Engineer visited the site. Taking into account the impact of new foundations and current building codes that stipulate that new foundations must be at least 1 meter deep. The depth of these foundations and the extra weight of the new structure can lead to cracked drains or pipes, which can lead to flooding of wastewater.

The first point to note is that a construction agreement only applies to sewers and public drains. It is best to know where the piping is when designing the building in order to avoid delays and additional costs. Don`t worry if you don`t know how to do it – we`re here to help. When planning your construction work, you should check if there are pipelines nearby. If this is the case, you may need our consent before the work begins. You must then apply to us in accordance with the 2010 Building Code. These are enforced by local authorities, but they have a duty to consult us if they know that a sewer system could be over-built. If construction was carried out over a public sewer that does not meet the requirements, or to notify Thames Water under a construction agreement if there are drainage problems along that line, Thames Water would have the right to demolish any new structure needed to repair the pipes and they are not responsible for the damage. If there are pipelines near where you want to build, it can affect the design of the building. In addition to reviewing the local authority`s building codes, it is important that you work with us to ensure that the piping is protected and that our access to it is not restricted.

There are two types of construction agreements: the construction agreement on self-certification and the approved construction agreement. A self-certified construction contract is awarded if the building poses a low risk to public sewers, which is usually free of charge. If the case is unknown or if the public sewer is more than 160 mm in diameter, you will be asked to apply for an approved construction that comes with a fee. These fees are listed in the Thames Water Build over Agreement Guide and are based on the diameter of the sewer pipe. You do not need our permit if you are building outside of these distances. .